INFORMATION FOR VOLUNTEERING
The team will be getting ready for another record breaking year in 2017 and want your help!
Whether you have been coming to the show or volunteered previously – perhaps you are new to the show or are just a fan of Comics, Sci-Fi, Horror, Anime and/or Gaming. Regardless, we want to hear from you.
Look for the Northern FanCon volunteer application to be available in Febuary 2017!
HOW DO I VOLUNTEER?
- You must be at least 16 years of age or older.
- You must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- You must be available for an interview as well as any orientation meetings that follow your acceptance as a volunteer (approximately 1-2).
- You must be available to work at least one shift during the event
- Apply on line at the Northern FanCon web site (http://fancon.ca/volunteer/)
* Please note that although we do receive many out of town requests to volunteer, Northern FanCon is not responsible for travel, parking OR accommodations.
THE NORTHERN FANCON VOLUNTEER TEAM IS:
- Expected to act appropriately as they are representatives of Northern FanCon
- Expected to maintain confidentiality with any information received at Northern FanCon
- Not permitted to make any statements or actions that would affect the convention, including statements to the public and/or press.
- Expected to perform their requested duties to the best of their abilities. If for any reason volunteers are unable to do what is asked of them, please inform the Supervisor so that other arrangements can be made.
- Not guaranteed to work in a specific area. Some duties will be specific to either Anime, Science Fiction, Horror, Gaming or Comics, while others will deal with all areas.
HOW MUCH TIME DO I HAVE TO GIVE?
- A minimum of one shift of 5 hours during the event is requested but you may work more if you’d like!!
- Volunteers are free to participate in the activities of the convention before & after their scheduled duties.
WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE?
- Volunteers are asked to dress casually and appropriately. No ripped jeans, short shorts or skirts, offensive shirts, etc.
- To be courteous to co-workers and patrons, volunteers will practice clean personal hygiene. Please avoid using excessive amounts of perfumes, colognes and/or hairsprays that may cause a problem for allergy sufferers.
- The Northern FanCon staff reserves the right to dismiss any Volunteer whom they feel does not adhere to the guidelines set out by Northern FanCon, and/or who fails to satisfactorily complete their duties.
- Volunteers are not allowed to wear costumes during there shift.
WHAT REWARDS DO I GET?
Our amazing volunteers are the heart of our show. Along with accidentally photo bombing Darth Vader, volunteers will receive:
- A glimpse of the behind-the-scenes workings of Northern FanCon while volunteering at the show
- When off duty, you‘ll have full access to Northern FanCon exhibits. You can attend panels, participate in games, go to Q&A’s, and purchase photo/autograph sessions
- Snacks and refreshments during shifts
- Food voucher for those who put in more then 6hour shift
- Your name put in a draw for one 3 prizes during the event
- Attend the Volunteer appreciation party and the chance to win one of several draw prizes at the party
- An opportunity to experience invaluable community service
- A chance to be part of the community while having fun
- And last but not least, a commemorative Northern FanCon t-shirt